Review these basic steps from the FDIC to help you stay safe online:
- Keep your software up to date.
- Install anti-virus software that prevents, detects and removes malicious programs.
- Use a firewall program to prevent unauthorized access to your PC.
- Only use security products from reputable companies.
- Take advantage of Internet safety features.
- Be careful where and how you connect to the Internet.
FDIC Consumer Alerts You can sign up for the latest reports of suspicious or fraudulent activity involving banking. It’s another way we keep you informed and educated.