The purpose of this Disclosure Statement is to inform you of certain rights that you have under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act.
Please note in this statement the words “you” and “your” each refer to the person who uses or is authorized to use NetTeller services. Then words “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to State Bank of Lizton.
NetTeller Services – you may access our NetTeller service using the personal Login Codes that we issue to you and conduct the following transactions:
Transfer Funds between:
- Money Market
Make payments to:
- Holiday Club Accounts
Obtain the available and current balance(s) and transaction history of:
- Money Market
- Holiday Club Accounts
- Certificates of Deposit
Initiate Stop Payments
Banking Services – NetTeller service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; however, we only process transactions and update information on business days. Our online transfer business hours are Monday through Friday, 8.00 am to 3:00 pm. Transfers made on weekends, holidays, or after 3:00 p.m. will be processed on the next business day. Payments scheduled in advance that fall on a weekend or holiday will be processed on the next business day.
Bill Pay Services – You have the ability to pay your bills through our Bill Pay service. It is required that you have at least one checking account with us. Login codes will be issued within 14 business days from the time we receive your signed application.
You can instruct us to perform the following transactions:
- Initiate and authorize payment from your Primary Checking Account to payees which you have authorized in advance to receive payments;
- Request copies of paid checks; and
- Edit or delete pending payments.
The minimum amount for which a payment may be sent is $0.01. The maximum amount for which a payment may be sent is $9,999.99. Payments entered before NOON Monday through Friday will be received by us the same day. Payments made after NOON Monday through Friday or on a weekend will be received the next business day. Payments must be scheduled to send at least 3 to 5 days in advance of the payees requested due date.
If there are insufficient funds in the Primary Checking account on the payment date, we will attempt to send the payment for the next 5 business days if the payment amount becomes available. We reserve the right to dishonor payment requests that reasonably appear to us to be fraudulent, incomplete, erroneous, or if you do not follow our instructions for Bill Pay. In addition, we will not be able to execute any Bill Pay requests if the payee cannot or will not accept such payment. You are responsible for any loss or penalty that may occur due to a lack of sufficient funds or other conditions that may prevent the withdrawal of funds from your account.
Identification Number and Password – Access to NetTeller may be made by personal computer. Access requires the use of a unique login and Personal Identification Number (collectively, the “Login Codes”) assigned by us. Your use of NetTeller with the Login Code authorized by us will be deemed by us to be valid and authentic and you agree that any communications to us under your Login Code will be given the same legal effect as written and signed paper communications. You agree that electronic copies of communications are valid and you will not contest the validity of the originals, absent proof of altered data or tampering.
Lost or Stolen Login Codes- If you believe your Login Codes or other means of access have been lost or stolen or that someone has used them without your authorization, immediately change your NetTeller Login Codes. This is done by going through the “account management” option. Contact us immediately by writing, calling or e-mailing us at:
State Bank of Lizton
206 North State Street
Lizton, Indiana 46149
317-994-5115 (business hours only)
Include in the message your name, address, phone number and a brief description of the problem. All e-mail requests will be answered by close of the next business day.
Charges for Transactions - Depending on which service you subscribe to, you will be charged the applicable NetTeller monthly fee. For a listing of fees, refer to the Electronic Banking User Guide Fee Schedule. We reserve the right to change our fee schedule from time to time and to charge your account in accordance with the fee schedule that will be provided to you prior to assessment. All Bill Pay fees will be assessed to your Primary Checking Account.
Record of Transaction - You will receive a monthly statement showing the status of your account(s), transactions made during the past month, and any charges, which we may impose, for such services, or transactions.
Liability for Unauthorized Transfer/Transactions - CONTACT THE BANK IMMEDIATELY if you believe your Login codes have been lost or stolen. Change your password and contact us.
If you notify us of a loss, your liability for unauthorized transfers or payments will be as follows:
- If you contact us within two business days of the loss or your discovery of the loss, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Login Codes without your permission.
- If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Login Codes, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your Login Codes without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
- Also, if your monthly statement shows transfers or payments that you did not make and you do not contact us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any funds lost for those 60 days, if we can prove that your contacting us would have prevented those losses
Your Liability - You agree to the terms of this NetTeller Disclosure and the schedule of fees that may be imposed. You authorize us to deduct these fees as accrued directly from your account balance. You are liable for all transactions that you authorize. If you have given someone your NetTeller Login Codes or other means of access and want to terminate that person’s authority, you must change your identification number and password and make the Bank aware of your intentions in writing.
Account Restrictions - Your name must appear in the legal title to make transfers between accounts or to initiate bill payments. You may not transfer between accounts with legal or signature restrictions. However, an account(s) may be viewed if you are an authorized signer on the account(s).
Limits on NetTeller Transactions - All transactions performed through our Online Service will be considered a Preauthorized Electronic Funds Transfer.
Our Liability for Failure to Complete Payments or Transfers - If we fail to complete a transaction on time or in the correct amount, when properly instructed by you, we will be liable for damages caused by our failure unless any of the following occur:
- the account has been closed or is not in good standing
- your equipment or ours was not working properly and the breakdown should have been apparent as you attempted to conduct the transactions
- you have not given us complete, correct, or current account numbers or other identifying information in order for us to properly credit your account or otherwise complete the transactions
- you do not properly follow our instructions, or if you provide us with wrong or inaccurate information, or fail to correct or tell us about any inaccuracy of which you are aware
- you do not instruct us soon enough for your payment or transfer to be received and credited by the time it is due
- the funds in the account from which a payment or transfer is to be made is subject to legal process or other claims restrict the transactions
- circumstances or persons beyond our control prevent, delay, intercept, or alter the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken
- there are insufficient funds in your account to complete the transactions
- we have reason to believe that the transaction requested is unauthorized
- the failure was caused by an act of God, fire, or other catastrophe, or by an electrical or computer failure, or by other causes beyond our control
In case, we shall only be liable for actual proven damages if the failure to make the transaction resulted from a valid error despite our procedures to avoid such error.
Change of Terms - We reserve the right to amend or terminate, from time to time, the services offered and we will notify you a minimum of 30 days prior to any change by written notice to your last known address.
Waiver of Agreement - Any waiver of any term of this Agreement by us on occasion will not prevent us from asserting our rights to these terms in the future.
Termination - You may terminate the Agreement and your NetTeller Service at any time upon giving written notice of the termination to us. If you terminate, you authorize us to continue making transfers and bill payments you have previously authorized until we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon termination notice. Once we have acted upon your termination notice, we will make no further transfers or payments from your account. If we terminate your use of your subscribed Online Service, we reserve the right to make no further transfers or payments from your account, including any transaction you have previously authorized.
Disclosure of Account Information - We will disclose information about your account or the transaction you make to third parties:
- where it is necessary to complete transactions;
- to verify the existence and standing of your account with us upon the request of a third party, such as a credit bureau;
- in accordance with your written permission;
- in order to comply with court orders or government or administrative agency summonses, subpoenas, orders, examinations and escheat reports; and/or
- on receipt of certification from a federal agency or department that a request for information is in compliance with the Right to Financial Privacy Act of 1978.
Our Policy and Pricing Guide and Terms and Conditions on Deposit Accounts are available at any of our banking offices upon request.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
[back to top]